I decided to write this article in English so that this tip is more accessible to the Android users community.
I am to tell you about Csv2Sms significant changes. It is now parsing YOUR own patterns, whether it is in a Nokia Csv, Iphone format, etc…
If you want your phone to import your SMS in a specific way, read the following steps :
- Install the application OI FileManager on Android (it enables browsing your file system and could be useful besides !).
- Install this new
(PLEASE, download “Anything to SMS” in Android Market instead) (see description here)
(absolutely Freeware, no ads).
- Copy your SMS dump file on a determined location of your phone (most probably on your sdcard).
- Execute Csv2Sms and go to the “Manage Conversion Sets” menu
- Add your own patterns if you need to. The parser will recognize each $(var) string, replacing it by the matching value. It will also parse a date by identifying it in the var name. For example, $(dateMM/dd/yyyy) will recognize “03/10/2010”. It will also replace “[\t]” strings by tabs and “[\n]” strings by line feeds.
- Select your file and choose your conversion set.
- Start conversion and wait for a while.
- If it says “Successful”, that means your SMS messages were imported !